Sunday, November 23, 2008

make pizza from scratch

Ladies and Gentlemen, you are probably reading this because either consciously or unconsciously you have decided you have nothing better to do (or you just don't want to do whatever it is you should be doing!). Allow me to make a suggestion. If any of you ever need something to do, give me a call. After hours of tinkering in my secret laboratory (read: lub o' ruh tory) I have created a Random Idea Generator.

The actual technology and mechanics of this generator are not important, but they harness renewable energy sources such as positively charged children playing on negatively charged playground equipment.

From time to time I may include an item from this Idea Generator and all who read this are encouraged to try it and comment with their results.

Today's item is "make pizza from scratch". I think I'll try making a new kind of pizza as well. Since we have so much leftover from a pre-thanksgiving thanksgiving feast with our ESL class I think I'll make Turkey and Stuffing Pizza with a Spicy Green Chili Salsa (thanks to Maria) instead of tomato sauce.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In point of fact, Salsa Verde makes an excellent (and healthier) alternative to gravy or cranberry relish for all that white turkey meat. The subtle smokiness of tomatillos marries well with brined white meat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All this talk about food will have to wait, however, as I've just had the first piece and a half of the birthday cake my grandma made me. If any of you out there think your grandma makes a mean cake, let me just say your grandma ain't like my grandma. This cake is intense. It's so fudgy and moist that you can't eat it too fast or you won't be able to breathe. Yeah. Intense.

Also, I have a birthday coming up and have not yet finalized what my birthday wishes will be. If you need something wished for, please let me know. If it's a worthy cause, I might donate a wish or two.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ps. My sister makes mashed potatoes. I call them her "If I die now, at least I'll die happy" potatoes (though she doesn't know this). They get this name, obviously, because they're so good. But also because if you underestimate them and treat them as a side dish, they just might be your last. This tasty mash has the nutrition facts of a whole meal!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pps. I'm drinking coffee because it calms me down and makes me feel smart. I'm drinking decaf because I don't want to be wired.

No comments: