Saturday, October 4, 2008

Burger or Gormet Experience?

Howdy. I will add more description in a moment with help from live feedback sources. Sam P. @ 6:36Pm.

Hey, it's me again. 6:42Pm. No bun, twin stacked patties, eating with fork. There is a sauce on top along with caramelized onions in a red wine reduction with, I believe, a chicken broth base. As I eat, I find a creamy bleu cheese sauce between the patties. I simultaneously have the photo I've posted described as "a bloody clam with leeches all over it."

6:48Pm "Pearl of Great Burger" according to live feedback sources. The blue cheese is seen in the following photo. Burger is beginning to cool. Perhaps it is time for a reheat. A Note on the Beer: I like it. It has to my un trained pallette, a malty hoppy taste, smooth, but I think for the full experience I should have poured it rather than take it from the bottle.

6:52Pm. The beer "looks like a heinz 57 bottle". I hear "Pearl of Great Burgers" sounds better. I haven't talked about the tomatoes yet. "Are they pretty sweet?" I don't know if they're sweet. They're a little sweet, but they have a juicy tang, OK? They're not all red - some yellow, some green. I feel they really complete the taste circle. You've heard of complete proteins? When I get some meat, some cheese, some onion, and some tomato I get a complete taste. Its good.7:00Pm Clean Plate Club! Woo Hoo! Now that was fine meal. Beer's still on though! I'll let you know any other interesting morsels I can sink my teeth into...

Special Thanks to luke healy - virtual taste tester and visual food critic. Couldn't have done it with out you...


And for dessert Agave Wheat from Breckenridge Brewery. Sweeter than the last... and as cloudy a beer as I've seen in a long time--felt like i was drinking mulled cider or clover honey. Brewed with real agave nectar--the stuff of mezcal. Cool label.

4 comments:

I Dream of Scotland said...

Sam, it is rude to correct people the first time commenting on their blogs but....gormet is actually spelled gourmet. And I want you to know, that looked like it could perhaps have been the best meal ever.

I am a fan of Sam, and I am now a fan of Sam's blog. Which, as we all know, is a completely different entity. Because that is what the world inside the world wide web does to you.

Two Guys Good Health said...

Sam... amazing. Sam with a blog... fantastic! I'm so glad you're blogging.

luke said...

you had another beer for dessert! it looks amazing, but sam, i know you and i'm pretty sure you didn't drive anywhere that night right?

I Dream of Scotland said...
This comment has been removed by the author.